TECHNICAL DATA & INFORMATION – Click to view complete technical
Electrically insulating urethane film
DAT-A-THERM 1000 is a tough, flexible, void free, electrically insulating urethane film designed to fill air gaps and dissipate heat between devices and substrates.
DAT-A-THERM 1000 film is a 100% solids, fully crosslinked (C-staged), thermoset urethane polymer, which will not outgas, while in place and is suitable for high vacuum environments. The film exhibits outstanding reversion resistance and physical stability under long-term aging of high humidity and heat. The ultimate in thermal conductivity and overall performance can be achieved by bonding DAT-A-THERM 1000 film to device and substrate with DIS-A-PASTE 2000A/B and 2001 PMF thermally conductive urethane adhesives. Both film and adhesive system are compatible in resin and filler technologies and have been designed to be used together.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Uniform filler distribution for consistent thermal dissipation capability throughout film segment
• Controlled manufacturing process for a void free film
• Low modulus/high elongation for minimum stress buildup under components
• Low Tg – remains flexible to -70°C
• Exceeds NASA outgassing requirements for high vacuum environments
• Typical film thickness, 0.004 to 0.006″. Custom thicknesses available.
• Available in sheet or die-cut forms